be who you are & illustrate what you believe

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Old works from last semester


Alright! I am finally able to upload pictures onto this thing. Last semester here at CCAD I was working on an environmental awareness children's book, dealing with the current National Park pollution problem. The scene above is the opening scene. I love the calm, sereneness of this piece. I have since taken a hiatus from this book, but I am hoping to jump back in this semester. Work load willing. I was hunting for inspiration online and I came across an amazing blog for animation backgrounds, which held a number of Disney backgrounds from Pocahontas. These really inspired the setup and color scheme for this piece. I originally hand painted on 12 x16 canvas with oils and then brought that into photoshop and touched it up with some digital paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment